It can be very simple to come up with a main “protein” or meal, but if you’re like me, you struggle to come up with side dishes. I created this list for myself, as much as the rest of the Trim Healthy Mama community.
I am always stumped as to what to serve alongside chicken, beef, pork, etc… My regular go-tos are steamed green beans and broccoli. My family has grown tired of those real quick.
I feel like when it comes time to make dinner my mind is literally out of creativity. After running the house, my blog and homeschooling kids all day I just want to get dinner made and cleaned up so we can get on with our night.
That’s why I’m so excited to share this list of 30 side dishes to hopefully make the dinner hour flow a little more smoothly for all of us. It is broken down by fuel type so you can easily create a full meal.
- Blue Cornbread from Mrs. Criddle’s Kitchen
- Brown Rice Pilaf from Mrs. Criddle’s Kitchen
- Brown Spanish Rice from me at Darcie’s Dish
- Colorful Lentil Salad from me at Darcie’s Dish
- Fried Rice from Briana Thomas
- Ranch Chili Beans from Nana’s Little Kitchen
- Refried Beans from me at Darcie’s Dish
- Sweet Potato and Apple Hash from My Table for Three
Fuel Pull Dishes:
- Creamy Cucumber Salad from Briana Thomas
- Berry Ambrosia Salad from Mrs. Criddle’s Kitchen
- Bosco Sticks from Wonderfully Made and Dearly Loved
- Braided Garlic Breadsticks from Joy Filled Eats
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad from Briana Thomas
- Buttery Garlic, Mushroom and Chive Spaghetti Squash from Oh Sweet Mercy
- Cheddar Ranch Roasted Cauliflower from All Day I Dream About Food
- Cheesy Bread from A Home With Purpose
- Creamy Cauliflower Salad from My Table for Three
- Crunchy and Tangy Bacon Coleslaw from me at Darcie’s Dish
- Debbie’s Tangy Spinach & Broccoli Salad from me at Darcie’s Dish
- Easy Peasy Pea Salad from Oh Sweet Mercy
- Easy Zucchini Noodles for One from me at Darcie’s Dish
- Fried Breaded Zucchini from Briana Thomas
- Green Bean Casserole from Briana Thomas
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole from Young Homemakers
- Loaded Sour Cream No-Tato Salad from Nana’s Little Kitchen
- Parmesan Stuffed Tomatoes from A Home With Purpose
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Sundried Tomatoes and Feta from Joy Filled Eats
- Spinach Alfredo Stuffed Mushrooms from Joy Filled Eats
- Very Berry Salad from me at Darcie’s Dish
- Yellow Squash Casserole from Mrs. Criddle’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Casserole from Briana Thomas
How thoughtful of you….nice move…I still do not know the different fuel types, what they describe?