***This post contains affiliate links. You are in no way obligated to purchase anything. If you do so I receive a small commission, which does not affect your purchase price in any way. By purchasing through my affiliate links, it helps to cover the costs of operating my site. Thank you for your consideration and support!
The weather is warming up quite beautifully here in Michigan. It feels like summer may arrive after all! PRAISE THE LORD!!! When it gets hot, my love for cold sweet treats goes WAY up. Thankfully there are so many items to choose from, for those of you who eat the Trim Healthy Mama way! I love a good cold shake or smoothie to keep me cool, and my sweet tooth satisfied all while staying on plan too. Here’s a list of my favorite THM shakes, smoothies and cold drinks if you’re looking for even more yummy ideas.
Back to my new favorite shake. With summer comes an abundance of local fresh fruit. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!! I created this shake to include some of my favorite summer fruits. Thankfully, I still had some frozen fruit left from last summer, but you can use fresh fruit in this shake too. If you use all fresh fruit, make sure you add some ice cubes. This shake is an E, so it’s a great option for those of you who struggle to get in your E meals and snacks. I hope you find this shake as refreshing as I do!
Refreshing Fruity Shake (THM: E, low-fat)
- 1/4 c. 2% cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. vanilla unsweetened almond milk (if you don't have vanilla flavored milk, just add a dash of vanilla extract)
- 1/4 c. water
- (1) scoop of THM Pristine Whey Protein Powder
- (4) fresh or frozen strawberries
- (1) medium peach, fresh or frozen
- (1/2) banana, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 t. THM Super Sweet Blend
- 4-6 ice cubes, optional
- Put all ingredients in the blender, except for the ice. Blend until completely combined.
- Add the ice (if using) and blend until it is smooth.