Beans are a great and inexpensive protein. They are very versatile and can be used in everything from soups, main dishes and even in desserts. Canned beans are great to use, but if you really want to stretch a buck then prepare your own beans by soaking and cooking dry beans.
If you’ve never done that before, don’t be intimidated. You can follow my easy instructions and you’ll be a pro in no time at making your own beans.
It’s easy to get in a rut, so I’ve compiled a list of 25 great recipes that feature beans.
- Healthy Buckeyes (S) from Briana Thomas
- Nutty Butter Snack Cakes (S) from Wonderfully Made and Dearly Loved
- Special Agent Cream Cheese Brownies (S) from Briana Thomas
- Strawberry Pudding Cake (S) from Briana Thomas
- Sugar Free Chocolate Snack Cakes (S) from Wonderfully Made and Dearly Loved
- Black Bean Quesadillas (E) from The Coers Family
- Burr-E-tos (E) from The Coers Family
- Dirt-E-Rice (E) from The Coers Family
- Lime Chicken (E) from RunAmok Mama
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers (E) from me at Darcie’s Dish
- Pintos and Cheese (E) from Raye’s Place
- Rice & Beans (E) from Briana Thomas
- Zesty Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Casserole (E) from me at Darcie’s Dish
- Easy Gluten-Free Summertime Black Bean Chicken Salad (E) from Working At Homeschool
- Colorful Lentil Salad (E) from me at Darcie’s Dish
- E Style Chili and THM Chili Mix (E) from Gwen’s Nest
- Garbanzo Bean Soup (E) from Mrs. Criddle’s Kitchen
- Ham & Bean Soup (E) from Briana Thomas
- Hearty Two Bean and Lentil Chili (E) from me at Darcie’s Dish
- Italian White Bean and Spinach Soup (E) from me at Darcie’s Dish
- Lentil Soup for the Soul (E) from Mrs. Criddle’s Kitchen
- Quinioa, Kale and White Bean Soup (E) from me at Darcie’s Dish
- Salsa Verde Chicken Soup (E) from Briana Thomas
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Quinoa Chili (E) from me at Darcie’s Dish
- Spicy Bean Soup (E) from Mrs. Criddle’s Kitchen
Tonia Spencer says
Loving this! Thanks for the post, and all the links.. BTW your going to be my feature today!
Thanks for sharing this post! I am trying to get started on THM again and my husband and I love beans…so…this is perfect! Thank you!
~Rebecca visiting from Rebecca's Hearth and Home
Do you have a post for all of your lentil recipes? Thanks!!!
I do not have a round up of lentils. There are some on this round up, as well as on my meatless meals one.