Sweet and Spicy Stir-fry (THM: E, low-fat)
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1 t. coconut oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/2 bag of frozen peas
- 1 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 c. quinoa (make sure you rinse it first) or brown rice
- 2 c. water or FF chicken broth
- Sweet & Spicy stir-fry sauce
Sweet & Spicy Stir-fry Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, bring to boil the water (or chicken broth) to boil for the rice or quinoa. Cook to package directions. In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until the meat is cooked through.
- If you're using frozen vegetables, place them in a strainer and run them under hot water for about 2 minutes.In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Add the veggies to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently for 3 minutes. Add the sauce and cook until the veggies are just tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve over 1/2-3/4 c. quinoa or brown rice.
***This amount of hot sauce will give you a nice medium spice; if you'd like mild use 3/4 t. hot sauce. If you'd like it really spicy, the use 1 1/2 T. hot sauce.
Recipe by Darcie's Dish at https://www.darciesdish.com/sweet-and-spicy-stir-fry-e/