Slow Cooker Chicken and Quinoa Chili (THM: E, low-fat)
Yield 6-8 servings
- 1 1/2# boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced in bite-sized pieces
- (2) 15 oz. cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- (1) 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 5 c. chicken stock
- 1 c. quinoa, rinsed well (I usually rinse it for 2 minutes under warm water)
- 3 T. chili seasoning
- 1 t. salt
- green onions, chopped jalapenos, a pinch of cheese, 0% Plain Greek Yogurt - optional toppings
- Place all ingredients, except for the toppings, in the slow cooker. Put on the lid and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Taste and check for seasonings and adjust as needed. Serve and top with green onions, jalapenos, a pinch of cheese or 0% Plain Greek Yogurt.
Recipe by Darcie's Dish at https://www.darciesdish.com/slow-cooker-chicken-and-quinoa-chili/