Quinoa, Kale & White Bean Soup (THM:E, vegetarian, gluten-free, sugar-free)
Yield 6-8 servings
- 2 t. olive oil
- (1) large carrot, peeled and diced
- (1) large celery stalk, diced
- (1) medium yellow onion, diced
- (4 ) cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 c. water
- 4 c. vegetable stock
- 1/2 c. quinoa, rinsed very well
- (2) 15 oz. cans of Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 t. of salt, taste and add more salt if needed
- 1 t. rosemary
- 1 t. Italian seasoning
- 3/4 t. onion powder
- 3/4 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. black pepper
- 6 c. kale, hard stem removed and chopped
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, and onion and saute for about 8 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Put the garlic in the pan and saute for 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Pour the water and vegetable stock into the pot and turn on high. Bring to a boil and add the quinoa, beans, and seasonings to the pot. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, put the kale in the pot, stir, and put the lid back on and set a timer for 15 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off check to see if the quinoa is cooked completely. If the quinoa is done, turn off the heat and stir in the red wine vinegar and taste. Adjust seasonings if needed.
Recipe by Darcie's Dish at https://www.darciesdish.com/quinoa-kale-white-bean-soup/