Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip (THM: S, low-carb, gluten-free)
Yield 8-10 appetizer servings
- 10 oz. box of frozen chopped spinach
- 8 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. mayo
- 4 T. shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 c. unsweetened almond milk
- (2) cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 t. dried basil
- 14 oz. can of artichoke hearts packed in water, drained and chopped
- assorted raw vegetables for dipping (celery, bell peppers, carrots, and cucumbers work best)
- ***If you do not eat Trim Healthy Mama, or wish to do a crossover you could use Baked Blue Corn Tortilla chips for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9" pie pan or another shallow baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, place the frozen spinach with 1/4 c. of water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. If it is still frozen, microwave for another 30 seconds. Once the spinach has cooled down, transfer to a strainer and press out as much water as possible. You may need to repeat the pressing step a couple of times to really get the water out.
- In a medium mixing bowl place the cream cheese and beat it with a spoon until it is smooth. Sometimes if it doesn't want to move very well, I will microwave it for about 20 seconds.
- Add the mayo, 3 T. of the Parmesan cheese, almond milk, garlic and basil and beat until it is blended. Stir in the spinach and the artichokes and place in the pie pan. Spread the mixture evenly and sprinkle with the remaining 1 T. of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is heated through and the edges have slightly browned. Serve with an assortment of vegetables for dipping.
Recipe by Darcie's Dish at https://www.darciesdish.com/hot-spinach-and-artichoke-dip/