Homemade Vegetable Broth
- gallon Ziplock Bag (for storing your veggies in the freezer)
- various vegetable scraps ~ I use mainly carrots, celery, radishes, onion, garlic, broccoli and cauliflower stems and potato peels
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- bay leaf
- 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- Start by saving your vegetable peels in a gallon ziplock bag in your freezer. Once the bag is full, place all the peels in your slow cooker.
- Fill the slow cooker to the top with water and add the spices. Give it a good stir.
- Put the lid on and cook on low 6-8 hours. You can cook it on high for 4 hours, but the flavor is better if you do it on low.
- Remove the lid and remove as many large chunks of vegetables as you can. Place a pasta strainer over a large bowl and slowly pour the broth into the strainer. This will help catch any remaining chunks of vegetables.
- Ladle your broth into freezer storage containers. Let the broth cool completely before placing it in your freezer.
Recipe by Darcie's Dish at https://www.darciesdish.com/homemade-vegetable-broth/