Creamy Taco Soup (THM: S, keto, low-carb, sugar-free)
A creamy and satisfying taco soup. All the flavors of traditional tacos in a hearty soup.
- 1 T. cooking oil of your choice
- 1 lb ground beef
- (1) medium onion, diced
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, diced
- (3) cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 T. taco seasoning
- 1 t. chili powder (you can add 1/2 t. more if you like things spicier)
- (1) 10.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 4 c. vegetable or beef stock
- (1) 8 oz. block of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, room temperature and cut into cubes
- optional toppings: green onions, cheddar cheese, sour cream, sliced pickled jalapenos, cilantro
- In a large stockpot place the oil, ground beef, onion and green bell pepper and cook over medium heat. Just before the ground beef is completely cooked, add the garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Drain the fat off of the beef mixture. Add the taco seasoning, chili powder and diced tomatoes with green chilies and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable or beef stock to the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the cream cheese. Stir the soup occasionally until the cream cheese has completely melted.
- Serve immediately and top with the toppings of your choice - green onions, cheddar cheese, sour cream, sliced pickled jalapenos or cilantro.
Recipe by Darcie's Dish at https://www.darciesdish.com/creamy-taco-soup/