Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup (THM: E, low-fat)
Yield 4-6 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-size pieces and cooked in 1 t. oil and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 large stalks of celery, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 c. Fat-free chicken stock or broth
- 2 c. water
- 1-2 t. salt
- black pepper, to taste
- bay leaf
- 3 oz. noodles (I used Dreamfields) OR 1 c. cooked brown rice
- 2 T. dried parsley or 1 T. fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven or large stockpot sauté celery, carrots, and onion in 1 t. oil until the onions become translucent.
- Add the cooked chicken, stock and water to the pot. Add the seasonings and noodles and bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer until the noodles are cooked or brown rice is warmed up about 20 minutes. Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Recipe by Darcie's Dish at https://www.darciesdish.com/comforting-chicken-noodle-soup-e/